*UPDATED* Below is a list of books on Christian marriage I have either read or gotten a strong referrals for from men I trust. They are taken from a larger list of “Recommended Reading” covering topics on marriage, parenting, manhood, doctrine/theology, and Christian living. Disclaimer: Just because I recommend a book for reading does not necessarily mean that I agree with every single premis or view the author takes up. My recommendation comes based on the fact that the helpful, Christ-centered views contained within the book outweigh any views I may personally disagree with.
Please feel free to leave a comment suggesting books on the topic of marriage that will help others grow in their relationship with Christ and their spouse. Please list the title, author, and a few brief thoughts on how the book has helped you in your marriage.
- “Sacred Marriage” – Gary Thomas – *Review | cgray
- “What Did You Expect?” – Paul Tripp
- “Love and Respect” – Emerson Eggerichs – *Review | cgray
- “The Meaning of Marriage” – Timothy Keller
- “This Momentary Marriage” – John Piper
- “Sex and the Supremacy of Christ” – John Piper & Justin Taylor
- “Love That Lasts: When Marriage Meets Grace” – Gary and Betsy Ricucci
- “God, Marriage, and Family: Rebuilding the Biblical Foundation” – Andreas J. Köstenberger and David W. Jones
- “Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood”FREE Download PDF– John Piper & Wayne Grudem
- “A Celebration of Sex: A Guide to Enjoying God’s Gift of Sexual Intimacy” – Douglas E. Rosenau