I try hard to do the best job I can of making sure my kids not only enjoy the holiday season, but know what it’s all about. That leads me to do a good bit of research. With so many tools online for Christian parents, we really have no excuse not to lead & teach our kids well. I’ve put together a short list of a few links that have helped my wife and I throughout the Christmas/Advent season.
- 16 Daddy Christmas Tips – Mark Driscoll
- Advent Devotions – Christ the King Presbyterian Church. They use stories from The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sallie Lloyd-Jones (Great book!)
- Learning to Advent – Elliot Grudem
- Family Devotions for Advent – First Baptist Church, San Luis Obispo (I haven’t used these before, but they look pretty good)
- What We Tell Our Kids About Santa – Mark Driscoll
- *Limited Time FREE MP3 download* Veggietales “The Incredible Singing Christmas Tree” CD – Amazon.com
- Catechisms for Kids – The Resurgence (Not necessarily Christmas, but a good resource)
Let me know if you have found other resources you use with your family.